=== Updated December 5, 2008 ===
With all the feedback and hits to this blog entry I decided to make a simple batch file that deletes the problematic DRM folder. This batch file should work with Win98,ME,2000,XP and Vista. Right click in your web-browser here and select Save Target As / Save Link As. Save the file to c:\ and run it.
Since it took me so long to find out how to fix my OverDrive Media Console install which we use to download audio books from our local library system (Okanagan Regional Library) I thought I would share the answer that I found:
Error 0×80070057: The parameter is incorrect.
We are sorry that your patron is having difficulty downloading OverDrive Audio Books. We think the error they are receiving can be resolved by resetting the DRM (Digital Rights Management) for Windows Media Player. Please ask the patron to perform the following steps to reset the DRM and let us know what results they get:
1. First, please delte the DRM folder on your computer. Depending on your OS, it can be found in different locations:
* Windows 2000 and XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM
* Windows 98: C:\Windows\All Users\DRM
* Windows Millennium Edition: C:\Windows\DRM
If you cannot find the folder, it may be ‘hidden’. Please use the following steps to view hidden files and folders.
* In Windows Explorer go to Tools > Folder Options > View
* Under ‘Hidden files and folders’ heading, make the following changes:
o Select ‘Show Hidden Files and Folders’
o Un-check ‘Hide Protected Operating System Files’
* Click the button ‘Apply to All Folders’. This will ensure the changes affect all folders on the system.
2. Re-run the Windows Media Player Security Upgrade from the OverDrive Media Console under the ‘Tools’ menu.
3. Attempt to download an OverDrive Audio Book.
We apologize for the difficulty. Please let us know if this resolves the error or if the patron requires further assistance. Thank you.
The Library Reserve Support Team
found this on http://jclcdownloadables.pbwiki.com/Instructions this fixed my problem!!!!